As we have been planning and preparing for this year’s convention during the course of the shutdowns and reopening’s in our state and others, we knew there was a possibility that we could not be allowed to have our summer convention. We started looking at our options back in April and have been monitoring since then. We were hoping for best, but you have all seen what has occurred over the past several weeks with a seemingly widespread increase in recorded infections and Florida leading the way. The state is still holding to maximum capacity gatherings that we were hoping would be long gone by now.
Based on the current situation and the information available, we believe the best decision for all involved this year is to cancel this year’s summer convention.
On behalf of the board, I want to thank each of you who had already stepped up, registered for attendance, and provided your financial support to this year’s convention. Even in these times, you were providing everything we needed to make this another great summer meeting. We will be working as quickly as possible to return all collected monies back to those who have already paid. If you have already reserved your rooms, you will need to call and cancel those reservations no later than (7) days prior to your arrival date.
This was a tough decision, but no doubt, the right decision for all involved. We will be having a called board meeting to discuss the impact and next steps in continuing to grow our state organization and be the resource for all roofing contractors in our state. Please look for ways to invest your time, talents and resources when opportunities come available. Thank you for continued support.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you this year as president.